- Please see 2nd photo for Fault.
- Premium Ajrak Block printed with hands using natural plant dyes. It goes through a centuries old traditional method of ajrak making. (Please move mouse over the image to view closeup).
- Size (Approx) – LxW = 92 inches x 68 inches (7.6ft x 5.6ft)
- Primary design– chakki
- Double Paat. (In Sindh villages double paat Ajrak is used, which basically means it is in Two halves joined together by stitching in the middle). Hand/Block Printed Ajraks are only made in double paat design.
- Block printed ajraks are always hand printed on both sides.
IMPORTANT– Traditional Ajraks whether ‘Table printed’ or ‘Block Printed’, give off slight polish when washed , especially in the first 2 washes. They should only be hand washed separately in a tub. For modern ajraks that do not bleed color polish, please see ‘Polyster ajraks’ and ‘Linen Ajraks’ in our store.
Market Trickery Alert– This Ajrak is Block Printed with hands using natural plant dyes. Please be aware that the ajraks usually being sold in shops in Pakistan are table prints. Barring few exceptions, all shopkeepers are deceiving customers by describing those as ‘Block printed’. Our web store has a range of cotton table printed ajraks which clearly specify as ‘table printed ones’. Their price range usually is under rs. 1,400. This is a premium hand block printed ajrak. Our natural dye block/hand printed ajrak range starts from Rs. 4,500 and goes upto rs. 20,000.
Disclaimer– Due to differences in screen settings across devices as well as photographic lighting sources, actual colors of the product might slightly vary compared to how they are visible on your screen.”